ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL LEADERSHIP CONSORTIUM
Leaders who are successful recognize sustainability lies not only in leading innovative teams and managing organizations strategically, but in motivating others, setting future focused goals, while executing strategic visions, and creating cultures of excellence.
PinkGrape Consulting Assistant Principal Leadership Consortium primary purpose is to
- Facilitate the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Advocate, nurture and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Ensure management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
The roles approach, and strategies are universal for various leaders at the school level, including aspiring principals, department chairs, teacher leaders, members of site leadership teams, and any other de facto leadership role at the building level. In addition, our framework provides criteria and guidance for the district-level leadership roles—superintendents, school directors, assistant superintendents, principal supervisors, and others—who support the leadership development of current and future building-level leaders. District-level leaders, who may include curriculum coordinators and specialists, can also strengthen their instructional leadership practices by incorporating some of the strategies identified in this text in their regular professional practice.
The Assistant Principal Leadership Consortium (APLC) is a 2-year comprehensive strategic leadership initiative which seeks to
- Aid education professionals develop strategic acumen and broader intellectual horizons,
- Create action plans that commit to immediate and long-term change/growth, personal maturity, and conceptual sophistication about school leadership, combining regular meetings and activities specific to vertical trends in school leadership.
- Visionary Leaders
- Instructional Leader
- Community Engager
- Leaders as Learner and Collaborator